Saturday 24 October 2015

The glass half full

I am sick 4 or 5 days out of 14.  Some could say, "yuck", that's a lotta sick!  I am going to think that it could be worse.  I am well 9 out of 14 days.  The cards could have been stacked against me and I could have been sick 9 out of 14.  So I'm doing okay!

I ended up shaving my head on Tuesday. It took longer than I thought it would, but hey, it's done.  Perhaps I could offer a bit of advice for anyone wanting to do the same.  A disposable bic razor is probably not the best choice to use.  It takes forever and you're looking in the mirror freaking out.  Your hair is very patchy, with some bald spots so you know you must finish what you started.  And you're thinking that if you had any impulse control, you would have just left it alone.  It wasn't that bad. Now it is!  I end up finishing up in the shower. I did a fine job if I do say so myself.

What's really cool is that as long as you don't use silk/satin scarves on your head, most fabrics don't slide off for some reason. I don't need to buy shampoo or conditioner and I would add that I am saving from not having to go to the salon.  Salon??  Huh!  I cut my own hair.  At least I did!

I raked and bagged leaves today.  Oh, I could say that I only did two bags and by the looks of my property, have still another 10 bags to go.  But I won't say that. I will stick with "I raked and filled two bags of leaves today.....period!"  Go me!

I have physically and mentally felt much better since Monday.  It seems to be the pattern.  Looking at my post from Sunday made me feel sad.

My brother Jimmy, who lives in LA, just sent a short, but very nice e-mail asking how I was doing and that he was thinking of me.  He saw last Sunday's post.  Thanks Jimmy! And yes, I also look forward to seeing you and Sebastian in two weeks (for my niece Maude's wedding in Toronto).

I still have squirrels. They won't leave. Orkin was here again this week.  It's the 4th visit.  I don't know what to say anymore......


No comments:

Post a Comment