Tuesday 13 October 2015

When pigs fly....

My daughter Michelle and her boyfriend Andy had my sister and I over last night for Thanksgiving dinner at their new condo.  It was great!  The love and pride I have for my daughter is, well, infinite.

Barb and I did the main course:  turkey, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, stuffing, gravy, cranberries and corn bread.  Michelle made 2 scrumptious desserts:  apple crisp and pecan pie.  OMG!  To die for!

They only moved in last week and have already transformed the main level into a precious and cozy little retreat.  The lower level, where the bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms are located are still being sorted out, with more unpacking left to do.  All in due time of course.

I was very excited to see PC, my cat, well, Michelle's cat now, who is 13 going on adorable soft baby kitten.  He seems to defy age and even seems to be getting younger and younger.  Michelle has had him for the past year and a half, close to 2 years perhaps?  I had him for the first 11 years of his life.  I picked him up and just squished him all over.  I paid for it later that evening when my allergies came seemingly out of nowhere.  I was rubbing my eyes and sneezing and blowing my nose and feeling crappy.  It was worth it though, giving my PC that few minutes of loving.  I saw and played a little with AJ, also 13, PC's sister, but from a different litter.  Yup, their mom, Amber had PC, youngest of 3 in her first little on June 7, 2012.  She didn't waste anytime when on October 8 and 9, 2012, she had her second litter. AJ was the youngest of 4 this time around.  Ally, the father, passed away a couple years ago after a relatively short illness.  Amber died 2 years before that.  What wonderful kitty cats, the whole lot.  I miss Amber and Ally.

I really am happy for Michelle and Andy.  Their new digs are wonderful and offer more conveniences than their previous place, AND, they are closer to me now being in Barrhaven! Yay!

On a different note and one that is kinda funny (knowing that all ended well), I "fell" this afternoon climbing up three steps onto my deck. I was wearing my stupid slippers and don't know exactly what happened, but I do remember losing my balance, in slow motion of course, and without any control whatsoever, just flew/fell/glided onto the deck and wham!! I was laying flat after falling square on my knees and falling forward!  Since knee replacement between 2011 and 2012, I have not been anywhere near a kneeling position.  I don't dare!  Many of you know my size and to do the gymnastics I did this afternoon, well, it was ridiculous and painful.  I was hurt and embarrassed and it took almost a minute to get up and into a proper standing position. I panicked and cried and couldn't catch my breath.....in part due to the pain, in part to the anxiety and in part due to my ridiculous size!  I've had 4 surgeries on my right leg, the same leg that got the blunt of the impact.

It being Thanksgiving, I guess I must be grateful for the fact that I managed to land in between the BBQ table and the cement cinder blocks.

Other than a few aches and pains, I am doing ok now and heading up to bed.
Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment