Tuesday 6 October 2015

It's been 6 days since my first chemo treatment and my hair has yet to fall out. I don't really care one way or another if it does.  It's just hair.  It will grow back.

It reminds me of something my dad said to me a million years ago about getting wet when it rains, when you find yourself without an umbrella, "it's just water" he would say.  Brilliant man my dad was.  Golly, I miss him and mom.

Anyhow, last night, on a whim, I stopped at a local Chinese take-out joint in Manotick.  I decided I had a wicked craving (and no, I'm not pregnant ha ha).  As I headed home after picking it up, I got one of my "all too frequent" muscle spasms in my abdomen.  It was excruciating and I got extremely nauseous....not the same chemo nausea that has become a daily part of my life, but a different nausea, where your mouth gets this salty saliva and you know you're going to hurl.  I started getting the nausea accompanying these spasms a few months ago.  I have had these spasms for years now, but when I told my doctor that I now get extreme nausea when they occur, to the point of not being able to drive (if that's what I am doing when I have one) and having to pull over and ride it out, she sent me for an abdominal ultrasound.  The ultrasound revealed that I have polyps in my gall bladder, that may or may not be cancerous......great.

I am going for an abdominal MRI on October 28.  I may have to reschedule as I have chemo the same day.

I don't know at this point if the polyps on my gall bladder have anything to do with these wickedly painful muscle spasms.  And no, I don't have gall stones.  And who ever heard of gall bladder polyps anyway??

Lord give me strength.

The Chinese food was awesome!  I had it for supper last night, lunch today and finished it off for supper tonight.  I'm good for awhile now ;-)

And I didn't hurl.  I never do.  I refuse to.

No comments:

Post a Comment