Wednesday 25 November 2015

I am so bad at keeping up with my blog.  Oh well, that's who I am.

I haven't hadn't any chemo since October 28.  I am still having issues with my leg.  I have gone through 3 rounds of anti-biotics and still, I have this open disgusting red sore on my calf.  It's not getting worse, but it's not getting better.  Tomorrow I will meet with an infectious disease doctor.  Hopefully this silliness can be figured out.  I saw the oncologist yesterday.  We discussed the possibility that it could be a symptom of diabetes.  I don't have diabetes, that I know of, but maybe I do.  Oh brother.

I had an MRI last week of my abdomen because of the issues I am having with my gallbladder.  The MRI results confirmed what the ultrasound suspected.......I have polyps in my gallbladder.  It may or may not be cancerous, so I will be meeting with a surgeon to discuss this in the near future.  If I need surgery, it will be put on hold until my chemo is completed.  And my chemo is on hold until we figure out what's wrong with my leg.  I may need plastic surgery to fill in the hole in my leg.  God give me strength.

On a more pleasant note, my beautiful, funny and talented daughter, Michelle turned 25 last Saturday, Nov. 21.  My sweetheart is a whole quarter century!  I feel so old.  I can't believe the years have slipped away so fast.  Remember to appreciate your kids every single day, especially when they are young........when they fight and cry and complain and argue with you, seemingly on a daily basis.  You may sometimes wish they'd grow up quicker because you can't stand the trials and tribulations. But boy oh boy, when you wake up and they are grown up and you wonder where the years went.............anyway, appreciate them always, in the moment.   Children are our greatest gift and we must remember not to focus on the grief they sometimes give us.  We must always remember to focus on the joy and happiness that they bring.  The good far outweighs the bad.  Thank you Michelle for being my daughter.  I love you. xoxo

I am still quite bald and really wish my hair would come back.  As thin and grey as it was, and as much as I complained that I had the worst hair on the planet, at least I had hair.  We don't appreciate what we have, until it's gone.  I must remember to be patient.  It will be some time before I get it back.  But I'll get it back.

Sweet dreams.........




No comments:

Post a Comment