Tuesday 10 November 2015

I saw my oncologist today.  We discussed the infection I have in my leg and she thought it best to put chemo on hold indefinitely until the infection is under control.  The anti-biotics my family doc put me on last week will continue for another week.  I guess the chemo may be killing the cancer but causing some nasty side effects.  A bad infection in my leg is assumed to be a side effect.  Who knows.  I may have got the infection regardless, but I don't think so.

I am miserable.  My right leg is twice the size of my left, red, hard, warm and infected.  Nasty, scary and frustrating.  At least I don't have a fever...........yet.

So I have had 3 chemo treatments thus far, out of the originally prescribed 8.

On a much happier note, I spent the weekend in Toronto.  My beautiful, funny, intelligent and kind niece, Maude got married to her prince charming, Dave on Saturday, November 7th.  It was magical and Maude was breathtaking in my mother's wedding dress from 1945.  My sister Pat, Maude's mom, also wore it for her wedding 40 years ago on Nov 22, 1975.  Maude made a few alterations, but, for the most part, it remained as classy and as stunning as it did for it's debut on May 28, 1945.  The wedding, the reception, the dinner party at Dave's parents' place the night before and the brunch with all my siblings on Sunday morning made for a complete and wonderful weekend.

While I was away for the weekend, my friend Mary Louise was kind enough to look after Chewie and Coco.  It was very kind of her, considering her busy schedule which included working on Saturday.  She took the pups overnight Friday and Saturday, returning them to my place for the day time hours on Saturday and Sunday.  The pups apparently behaved well and had a good time at ML's (unless they didn't and ML is too kind to admit that they perhaps tore her house apart) but were still delighted to welcome me home Sunday night.  I was tired and glad to get home after taking the train to and from TO with my sister, Barb.  With the sore leg, I welcomed my home and my pups very much.

My sweetie pie daughter Michelle came by on Saturday to rake and bag leaves from my yard.  It was a huge help for me.  I still have much to do before the snow falls.  I welcomed her help and would welcome it again, if she offered. He he.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day.  May we all be humbled, bow our heads and thank all those who have gone before us to bravely protect and fight for our beautiful country, the best country in the world!

Lest we Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment