Friday 1 February 2013

My vacuum is better than yours

My sister Barb has a new Dyson vacuum cleaner.  She loves it.  Mine is better than hers though.  I have mine attached to my knee to help heal an infection.  Seriously, I do.

Ok, so it's not a vacuum cleaner in the traditional sense of the word, but it is, nonetheless, a vacuum, complete with a motor, tubing, strong suction and canister.  I've been told it is top of the line.  Apparently, it will speed the healing of a gaping hole I have just below my right knee.  I know, I had never heard of such a thing either.  I feel a little privileged having this brand new, state of the art, $6000.00, machine.  It's a little like the CPAP I use for my severe sleep apnea, only a little smaller.....but they kind of look the same.  I guess they're different though as the vacuum sucks the crap out of my knee and the CPAP pushes air down my throat so I don't stop breathing while I sleep.  120 apneas an hour I've been told.  Yes, I stop breathing twice a minute without it.  So I use it.  Breathing is important.

I'm new to this blog thing and I'm tired.  I'm going to bed.  My tubing is all tangled up.  Oh ya, I am hooked up to IV antibiotics as well.  Yes, more battery operated machinery and tubing.  Lots of sirens and beeping and screeching sounds go off if I'm lying on some part or something gets bent or twisted.  Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment